Georgina Wilson says sorry to Nora Aunor


MANILA, Philippines - Celebrity Georgina Wilson on Friday finally spoke on the controversial
mock-up image of superstar Nora Aunor that she uploaded on Twitter last month.

The mock-up image, which showed Aunor wearing a two-piece swimsuit, made fans of the veteran actress angry.


Wilson made it clear, however, that she was not the one who created the photo, adding that she has great respect for Aunor.

"I respect Ms. Nora Aunor. A fan sent me that photo. Hindi ako ang gumawa and I posted it kasi parang I thought it was funny. Some people were offended so I took it down. I didn't say anything," she said as she was launched as the newest calendar girl of Ginebra San Miguel on Friday.

"Of course my intention is not to offend her," she added. She's our superstar and I was talking to Tita Gloria (Diaz) about it and she said that people just took it the wrong way."

Wilson also apologized to Aunor and her fans.

"I apologized and I also feel that I really didn't mean anything wrong. And if I offended her fans and her, I'm really sorry about that. But I really would never offend someone who's already an institution in our showbiz world," she said.

While a number of people found the mock-up image of Aunor "disrespectful," Wilson initially thought of it as a tribute of sorts to the country's "Superstar."

"Akala ko mga fans niya ang gumawa noon so I thought, 'how cute naman of them to think of me and put her picture. Big fan naman ako ni Ate Guy. So na-confuse talaga ako when it became a big issue. But I'm sure it's not an issue for her, she's a superstar," she said.

Last month after the photo was uploaded, Aunor gave Wilson some words of advice.

"Ituloy lang niya kung ano 'yung mga pintas na gusto niyang iparating sa akin, at tatanggapin ko nang buong puso," Aunor said when asked for her message to the Filipina-British model.

source: abs-cbnnews.com